At first sight you might say,"what the hell do pink shorts have to do with this. Well, I am glad you asked. It is something that I just want to do. The reason is: I like to have fun. When we have fun in our lifting I feel we perform at a higher level. I took an ethics class where I was introduced to Friedrich Nietzche. According to Nietzche, we are on our way to becoming super humans(there is way more to this than I am putting in here) in our intelligence and strength. Maybe, thats out there a bit, but it makes me think. He says we can make this happen by avoiding mediocrity. Society is turning us away from our instincts, and it is dangerous for the human race to have the idea that if circumstances/choices have made it seem impossible to achieve anything, we must just accept that. For those of you who know me, and my pink shorts; you know I am living proof that this is a bullshit way to live.
Now you might say, "Brandon, I thought this was technique revelation." I'll respond this way, "if our mindset wasn't important, we wouldn't have one." Our mental focus is as much a part of technique as keeping your core tight.
No comments:
Post a Comment